Carbon Fibre Airbox CAIS Stage 2 to suit Focus RS Mk2
With power levels hitting 400+bhp and bigger turbochargers growing in popularity, AS have developed the Carbon CIAS to fall in line with the new power increase demands from tuners, the Stage 2 carbon air-box with has been designed for 400+bhp and tested on a 550+bhp RS.
Rolling road testing showed power levels increased by 5-8bhp compared to the Stage 1 carbon airbox
What's the Difference?
The top section was raised and blended to aid air flow to the huge K&N filter! The right hand side of the snorkel area was also enlarged, and the underside of the snorkel section that joins into the lower section of the K&N filter was also enlarged.
Can I have a choice in hose colour?
Yes you can choice from - Frozen white, Ultra Green, Bright Blue, Gloss Black & Bright Red.
Other colours are available on special request.
Just some of the Carbon CAIS features-
- Made from Genuine 2x2 weave Carbon Fibre with a high quality gloss finish
- Fitted with huge k&n cone filter element
- Expect to see power gains of 10-20 bhp (Depending on spec of car)
- Noticeable difference in cars performance, smoother faster RS!
- 5ply 6mm thick quality silicon hoses used
- Proven on Rolling Road dyno's, Race tracks & Fast road 'It works'
- Comes completely assembled & ready to install in a matter of minutes
Results taken from tests carried out at Jamsport-
- Standard Airbox & OE filter - 380bhp
- Standard Airbox with Performance filter installed - 388bhp
- AS carbon fibre CAIS fitted with K&N - 400bhp
The power figures only tell half of the story!
Road testing found a noticeable improvement in the cars performance & power delivery, the dyno graphs showed the standard Airbox struggles to keep the power in the higher rev range, but when our New Carbon CAIS was fitted, it delivers the power smoothly all the way to 6500prm!