English Crown Wheel Bearing
- Ford Anglia 105E/123E 1959-1968
- Ford Capri Mk1 base models (not 2.6 V6 or 3.0 V6) 1969-1974
- Ford Capri Mk2 1.3/1.6 1974-1978
- Ford Capri Mk3 1.3/1.6 1978-1986
- Ford Consul 315 1961-1963
- Ford Consul Capri 1961-1964
- Ford Consul Corsair 1963-1965
- Ford Corsair V4 1965-1970
- Ford Cortina Mk1 1962-1966
- Ford Cortina Mk1 1.5 GT 1963-1966
- Ford Lotus Cortina Mk1 1963-1966
- Ford Cortina Mk2 1966-1970
- Ford Cortina Mk2 1600GT/1600E 1967-1970
- Ford Lotus Cortina Mk2 1966-1970
- Ford Escort Mk1 1.1/1.3 1968-1974*
- Ford Escort Mk1 Mexico 1970-1974
- Ford Escort Mk1 RS1600 1970-1974
- Ford Escort Mk1 RS2000 1973-1974
- Ford Escort Mk1 Twin Cam 1968-1971
- Ford Escort Mk2 1.1/1.3/1.6 1975-1980*
- Ford Escort Mk2 RS Mexico 1975-1978
- Ford Escort Mk2 RS1800 1975-1977
- Ford Escort Mk2 RS2000 1976-1980
- Ford Prefect 107E 1959-1961
- Lotus Elan 1962-1974
*Please check axle type before ordering parts. Many non-UK Escorts were fitted with a Koln axle which is visually similar to an Atlas axle but much weaker.
English Axle (also known as the Timken or Banjo axle): Originating from the Anglia 105E in 1959, the English axle has been extensively used throughout many Ford models during the 1960s and 1970s. It has also been the choice for many kit cars. Although it was Ford's light duty axle from this period, it has been used extensively in competition applications for over 50 years and can easily deal with power figures way in excess of the original design intensions.
Identification: The English differential unit bolts to the front of the axle casing. The Atlas and Koln axle have an integral differential housing with a rear inspection cover bolted to the casing.
Standard halfshaft spline is 22 teeth except for Capri which uses 16 teeth.
Oil capacity is approx 1.1 litres.