Escort 2000E Front Shaft Seal
Approx size 41x27x9mm. Note: early 2000E boxes use smaller seals - see GB2E710 & GB2E711.
- Ford Capri Mk1 1.3/1.6 OHV 1969-10/1970 (Type 3 gearbox)
- Ford Corsair V4 09/1966-1970 (2000E gearbox)
- Ford Cortina Mk2 1.3/1.6 10/1968-1970 (Type 3 gearbox)
- Ford Cortina Mk2 1600E & GT 10/1968-1970 (Type 3 gearbox)
- Ford Cortina Mk2 1.3/1.5/1.6 1966-10/1968 (2000E gearbox)
- Ford Lotus Cortina Mk2 1966-10/1968 (2000E gearbox)
- Ford Lotus Cortina Mk2 1969-1970 (Type 3 gearbox)
- Ford Escort Mk1 Mexico 1970-1974 (2000E gearbox)
- Ford Escort Mk1 RS1600 1970-1974 (2000E gearbox)
- Ford Escort Mk1 Twin Cam 1968-1971 (2000E gearbox)
- Lotus Elan 1966-1974 (2000E gearbox)
Bullet/2000E/3 rail 4 Speed Gearbox
A medium duty 4 speed box with three selector rails and all cast iron casing. Has been made with various gear selector positions; steering column change, two types of floor change and remote floor change. 7/8” x 20 spline input shaft.
Often referred to as the ‘Bullet’ gearbox, Bullet actually refers to competition three rail boxes that are fitted with close ratio straight cut gears. 2000E is a reference often used which originates from the Corsair 2000E models that were fitted with a closer gear ratio set than standard models. Apart from the gear ratios, all other service parts are identical to standard gearboxes.
Oil capacity 1.21 litres. Standard oil grade SAE80.
Type 3 - 4 Speed Gearbox
4 speed single rail version of the 2000E gearbox. Cast iron maincase with alloy tail housing. 7/8” x 20 spline input shaft.
Oil capacity 1.1 litres. Standard oil grade SAE80.