Mk1/2 Rear brake kit (Atlas axle) 247x10mm
These rear brake disc conversions utilise Ford’s Sierra/Granada rear calipers and use bolt-on caliper mounting brackets.
Full kit includes new calipers and caliper slider brackets, caliper to axle brackets, 247 x 10mm discs and handbrake cables.
Please note the following before purchasing this kit:
- The 2-lined handbrake cable will require an additional support to the tunnel. This must be custom made and fitted by the installer.
- Custom brake lines must be installed and are not included.
- OE halfshaft flanges must be machined prior to fitting to clear inside the brake disc. Quaife and 3J halfshaft flanges fit without machining.
- Due to the efficiency of rear disc setups, it is often necessary to reset the braking bias towards the front of the vehicle by use of a bias valve (not included).
- Brake pads also supplied at extra cost (see below for options).
For most road applications, the standard pad is the most suitable. Designed to fit Escort Mk1/Mk2 and Capri fitted with an Atlas axle. Does NOT fit Cortina Mk3/Mk4/Mk5 applications due to disc offset.
Brake Kit Specification:
- Disc Diameter: 247mm
- Disc Width: 10mm
- Minimum wheel size: 13"
- Caliper Type: OE specification Sierra/Granada rear calipers
- Caliper Thread: M10x1.0
Brake Kit Contents:
- Sierra rear calipers and slider brackets
- Brake caliper mounting brackets
- Brake discs
- Handbrake cable
Brake pads suitable for this kit (not included):
Standard brake pads: PA450
Ferodo DS Performance fast road brake pads: FER408
Ferodo DS2500 fast road/track day brake pads: FER408H
Mintex M1144 fast road/track day brake pads: MDB1287M1144
Ferodo DS3000 race brake pads: FER408R
Mintex M1155 race brake pads: MDB1287M1155