Quaife ATB differential: Focus Mk2 ST225 05-10
The Quaife ATB - As a direct replacement for the standard, factory ‘open’ differential, Quaife’s ATB unit can transform the performance of your car. Unlike a conventional plate-style limited slip unit, these units rely on gears, rather than clutch plates for its operation. That means it’s much smoother in operation, because unlike a conventional plate-style LSD, it never locks harshly with a set pre-load of wheel slip across the driven axle. Rather, it automatically biases the torque away from the spinning wheel across the axle, to a constantly varying degree and never locks.
To the driver (especially of a front-wheel drive car), the results are significant performance improvements; superior, controllable traction without the harsh steering wheel snatch or torque steer that have long been associated with performance differentials. These traction benefits can also be utilized in rear wheel drive vehicles, while Quaife ATB units offer significant traction advantages fitted to the front of four wheel drive cars.
The Quaife ATB differential has been designed to use the standard transmission oils and is covered by a limited lifetime warranty for both road and competition use. This makes the Quaife ATB differential a true 'fit and forget' upgrade that offers compromise-free performance and reliability. Key features of the Quaife ATB helical gear limited slip differential include:
- Safe, progressive and seamless in action, the Quaife ATB differential never 'locks'
- Controlled power is transmitted to all driven wheels, to maximise traction and minimise wheelspin, particularly in slippery conditions
- Fitment eliminates unwanted torque steer, understeer or oversteer
- Designed to work in harmony with road car OEM electronic stability programs
- Improves braking performance by reducing lock ups and minimises ABS intrusion
- Reduces tyre wear, especially on front wheel drive cars
- Gear operated with no components to replace - ever
- Direct replacement for factory standard 'open' differential unit
- Retains normal axle lubrication systems and maintenance schedule
- Over 250,000 units sold worldwide since the 1980s
- Backed by the confidence of a Quaife limited lifetime warranty
- Ford Focus Mk2 ST 2.5 2005-2010
- Ford Focus Mk2 2.5 XR5 Turbo 2005-2010